Nominated by the incredible Iris from Country Girl’s Daybook (y’all should check her out. she is a gem.)
11 random facts about myself:
1) I’m really bad at describing myself to other people. (And listing facts about myself.)
2) I have a scar on my right pinky toe.
3) I sleep with my eyes crossed.
4) I can be really shy, (especially around the other gender), for some unbeknownst reason.
5) I don’t like potatoes.
6) I’ve never seen Star Wars or Star Trek. (Don’t judge.)
7) I drink my coffee as black as death.
8) I would never admit it, but I like Facebook.
9) I didn’t learn how to talk until I was 4.
10) I am a Disnerd. I can hold a conversation entirely made up of Disney quotes. Who knew, right?
11) When I wake up in the mornings, I am a fearsome thing to behold.
1) Do you have a good habit that sometimes comes back to bite you?
I am a people-pleaser. This is not always a bad thing. In fact, sometimes it can help me. But, often times, it becomes a fear.
2) What is the most delicious meal you have ever eaten?
Amazing breakfast, you know, the kind with eggs and bacon and pancakes and fruit and orange juice and all the good stuff? Uh-mazing.
3) What single quality do you most admire in people?
Hmm, this is hard … can I list two? I’d say the most admirable qualities that really strike me are people who are really hard workers, but who are also humble. Does that make sense? I mean, like, crazy hard workers who aren’t arrogant about their accomplishments.
4) What is your craziest memory with your best friend?
One time, a friend of mine and I went into Maurices, put on outfits we could never pull off, and made a dance video in the dressing room. And also asking the clerk there to take a picture of us 🙂
5) What is your dream job?
To marry my cowboy sweetheart and work on a ranch/farm til the day I die. That would be total bliss.
6. What is your life motto?
“What you leave behind is not what is written on stone monuments, but what you have woven into the lives of others.” ~ Pericles
7) How do you define “freedom?”
I define freedom as being free from my guilt and my most crippling fears.
8. Er … did you skip 8, missy? 😛
9. What is your favorite book?
Hands down, Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis.
10. Do you believe in miracles?
Depends on what kind of miracles we’re talking about 🙂
11. What do you find to be most incredibly beautiful?
The fact that as a wretched, horrible sinner I am, no matter how much I fail and fall short, God still loves me. He loved me at my darkest. That’s what really strikes me. That I have done nothing to deserve it — nothing — and yet He still loves me more than any human being can ever fathom. It’s really hard to wrap my brain around it, but it’s seriously the most beautiful thing I have ever known.
Answer me this …
1) What movie/book has impacted you the most, and why?
2) How old were you when you accepted the Lord into your life?
3) Tangled or Frozen?
4) Facebook or Pinterest?
5) Favorite song?
6) Who is your biggest role model, and why?
7) What is your dream?
8) If you could meet any historical figure over coffee, who would it be and what would you talk about?
9) If you could tell any young girls (ages 13-18) anything, what would it be?
10) If you could do one thing that greatly impacted the world, what would it be?
11) How did you get started blogging?