“Who knew, right?”
I found this recipe on Pinterest, and gave it a try. The first time I made these was a failure, because they completely stuck to the pan 😦 But I gave them another try, and mastered them (I think). 🙂
- 2 very sweet bananas (makes btwn 35-40 chips, depending on how thick you cut them)
- some fresh squeezed lemon juice or orange juice (to prevent heavy browning)
- a cookie sheet
- some oil for greasing c. sheet
1) Preheat the oven to 175 to 200 degrees & grease the cookie sheet.
2) Cut the bananas into fairly thin pieces. But don’t make them too thin or else you won’t be able to get them of the cookie sheet!
3) Dip the banana pieces in the lemon juice, and set on the cookie sheet.
4) Bake for 1 1/2 hours on one side, then flip. This part’s kind of hard, because those bananas really like to stick, so be careful and try not to break them.
5) Bake for another 1 1/2 hours.
6) Take them out and put them in a bowl or on a plate. Let sit for about 20 minutes. They may still feel a little bit gooey when you first take them out, but they will harden a bit as they cool.
7) WARNING: these will go, like, super fast. So I recommend making at *least* a double batch.
A perfect, kid-friendly snack! Or for healthy snacks to take with you on the go.
(Oh, and I bet you didn’t notice that I said “cookie sheet” at the end of the first three steps, haha ::grin::)